Word from the Founder | Word from the CFO
Who we are | What we do | Management & Investment | How it works | Portfolio Investment Allocation | Investor Suitability |
Fund performance | Investment Strategy & Risk Management | Risk & Benefits
Who we are
Pioneering the global development of an uncorrelated, alternative asset class. The Bet on Combat Group are fund managers whose investment universe centers on combat sports and events.
Bet on Combat Investment Fund or short form BOC Fund® is a registered entity that operates like a traditional mutual fund, pooling investor’s funds into a common hedge fund and investing them in the combat sports betting marketplace.
The Bet on Combat Group was created with a view to offer investors an alternative product to shares, bonds, property and other “traditional” investment vehicles and asset classes. We are fund managers whose investment universe focuses on the burgeoning markets of combat sports and event investment. In this nascent sector we provide unparalleled investment intelligence, funds management expertise and through the use of technology, customer service.
Bet on Combat’s investment universe is independent of prevailing economic conditions, is ostensibly recession proof, and offers returns that are uncorrelated to any other mainstream investment product. Subsequently, in formulating a balanced and diversified investment portfolio we believe it is prudent to have exposure to this sector.
The Group comprises two Funds management companies operating and executing identical investment strategies.
Bet on Combat Group LLC
Founded in 2010, Bet on Combat Group is the Investment Director for the Bet on Combat Investment Fund or short form BOC Fund®, a small scale private fund that has consistently out performed the global benchmark indices, and manages approximately $2.8 million in assets as of February 1, 2018.
The Bet on Combat Group was formed in 2010 with a vision to pioneer the development of an uncorrelated, alternative asset class. Founded by a group of senior business and gaming executives, they had identified the opportunity to secure superior returns through the application of mainstream portfolio and investment management techniques to the nascent industry of sports and event investment.
Through extensive research, due diligence, fundamental analysis and the use of technology, The Group has been able to develop a rigorous system grounded in statistical data, much the same way as has been achieved in more traditional financial markets, to produce superior returns.
The BOC Fund® is domiciled in St-John’s, Antigua and Barbuda and is open to retail and wholesale investors with USD$1,000 or more. The organogram of the Bet on Combat group companies can be found at the end of this document in Attachment A.
What we do
In this nascent sector we provide unparalleled investment intelligence, funds management expertise and through the use of technology, customer service.
The objective of Bet on Combat’s Funds is to mitigate much of the risk inherent with combat sports and event investment and generate long-term returns in excess of the major stock market and the global hedge fund indices.
The benchmarks by which to gauge investment performance are the Dow Jones index, S&P 500 indices and the Global HFRX Index.
BOC Fund® uses an approach that is grounded in historical statistical data to analyze investment opportunities across a number of combat sports and international events that are offered on global betting exchanges and by registered bookmakers.
In general, BOC Fund® trades long and short combat sports and event strategies that have a directional component and relative value strategy on either sports betting exchanges or with registered bookmakers. BOC Fund® utilizes short and medium term time frames and includes opportunistic intra-event trading as part of its overall strategy.
Key Benefits of Bet on Combat’s Funds
An investment in one of Bet on Combat’s Funds offers significant benefits including but not limited to;
- Non-correlated Returns: Bet on Combat’s fund returns are not correlated to the performance of traditional investment products such as stocks, bonds, property etc. Subsequently, Bet on Combat’s funds can provide your investment portfolio with valuable diversification.
- Investment Returns: Bet on Combat’s fund returns have historically been commensurate with other mainstream investment products. Subsequently, as part of an overall portfolio, an investment in one of Bet on Combat’s funds can be highly attractive.
- Recession Proof: The asset classes invested in by Bet on Combat’s funds are ostensibly impervious to domestic or global economic conditions and hence un-correlated returns can be achieved more consistently.
- Reduced Volatility: Bet on Combat does NOT use leverage. Subsequently, the volatility associated with most alternative asset classes does not pervade Bet on Combat’s Funds. We are able to generate significant returns without the downside risk that our competitive funds incur.
This is why BOC Fund® is trusted to manage more money than any other sports investment firm in the world.
* Statement above based on AUM as of 12/31/17.
Management & Investment
The Bet on Combat Group’s Management and Investment team are comprised of former financial advisors, oddsmakers, experienced sports, gaming and business executives who study and analyze every fighter and every fight event to develop better information, make smarter predictions and win more money. They know what's going on inside the training camp. They know who wants it more, who's injured and who's out for revenge. They analyze upcoming match ups to find out how two fighters really compare and then provide the in-depth analysis for every combat sports wager. These wagers are further scrutinized by a proprietary big data analytics program for validation. As Professional combat sports analysts, they look at combat sports betting just like buying stocks, futures, options, or investing in general.
The founder and Chief Investment Officer (CIO) of Bet on Combat Group LLC is M. Franco Richard, also known as Francombat, a dedicated income investor and successful entrepreneur. If you haven’t heard about him before, he is the guy from Montreal, Quebec who dropped out of college and started to bet his own money on the outcomes of fights and became a multi-millionaire by the age of 27. With unconventional business approaches, M. Richard has firmly established himself in the online gambling industry as the go-to experts on how to make money betting on fights. As of today, he has the longest running and most profitable combat sports betting record in the industry. Franco has proven that it's possible to become filthy rich outside Wall Street, and wagers over $100,000 a week on fights.
The CIO has a background in martial arts and worked as a oddsmaker and consultant for some of the world’s top sports books from Las Vegas to Antigua to Macau. Additionally, the CIO has worked in investment banking, private equity and venture capital across a range of industries. In response to the erratic nature of mainstream financial markets, coupled with the proliferation of betting exchanges such as Betfair (www.betfair.com) he identified the potential of profitably trading on the combat sports and event markets, leading to the establishment of Bet on Combat Group LLC in 2010.
A two-time World Kuoshu gold medalist M. Richard has participated in many Lei Tai tournaments all over the world, compiling an overall amateur record of 11–3. In each one, he has always ranked as one of the best in the Light Heavyweight division, thanks to his determination, incredible skills, and combative spirit. This background as a competitor give him a deeper understanding of the mental aspects of the fight game. Practicing martial arts and fighting experiences allows him to obtain the most intricate details in every facet of the combat sports.
A team of analysts with experience in sports and investment and professional qualifications in quantitative disciplines such as science, accounting and mathematics support the CIO through undertaking extensive statistical and trending analysis coupled with rigorous background research and market intelligence. Additionally, through the use of data scientists and IT specialists the Group have developed sport-specific algorithms that are used to identify value in all markets. The results of this research underpin all investment recommendations and decisions undertaken by Bet on Combat Group LLC.
How it works
The BOC Fund® is a pooled investment fund where investors buy shares (nominal value of USD$1000.00) in a private limited company registered in Gibraltar/Las Vegas that is managed by Bet on Combat Group LLC also based in Gibraltar/Las Vegas. The primary advantage of the fund being pooled is that it means each investor secures the same price for every trade, pro-rata depending on proportion of total FUM. Funds with segregated accounts permit the manager to “front run” and hence profit, risk free at the expense of their clients. This practice is impossible given the structure of the BOC Fund®.
The financial year end of the Fund is 31st December of each fiscal year.
The BOC Fund® is underpinned by extensive statistical and probability analysis to identify intrinsic value in the individual markets. Much the same as in more traditional financial markets, investments are only made when there is a clear differential in the intrinsic value in any individual selection and that offered by the market(s).
Once the intrinsic value has been identified the decision is made to either “back” the investment (“long position” in financial market parlance) or “lay” it (“short position”). As soon as a trade is “in-the-money” Bet on Combat Group LLC will look to either fully or partially trade out of its position, thereby securing an immediate profit and reducing its overall exposure. In the event that a market moves against our position a series of stop-loss orders will be executed in order to protect capital and mitigate losses.
The Fund is administered in much the same way as those in traditional financial markets. Extensive portfolio and risk management principles are strictly adhered to with the results independently audited. Interim monthly and quarterly returns are communicated to investors via the website Investor’s Area.
Additionally, investors can view their portfolio position at any time via the secured Investor’s Area as well as by text message prior to fight time.
Portfolio Investment Allocation
Our investment portfolio is spread out through a number of sports, events and competitions around the word. Our investment universe includes but is not limited to investing on international sports and events. Offering of the funds coincide with major combat sports leagues to include boxing (WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF), Kick-boxing, Muay Thai (Glory, K-1) and Mixed Martial Arts (UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, Professional Fighter League, Invicta, Titan) and other sports, events and competitions.
Because we are a combat sports and event investment fund, focused primarily on the combat sports betting market, the main Sports where the Fund is invested in are MMA, which represents 29% of the investment volume, Boxing 22% followed by Kick-Boxing with 14% and Muay Thai with 12%.
American Football represents 6% of the invested volume, while Ice Hockey has an 8% slice. Volleyball with 4% and eSports with 3% still represent meaningful parts of our investment portfolio. Sports here can be thought as Sectors, and our portfolio is well diversified across a number of them.
FIGURE 1: Portfolio Investment Allocation
The BOC Fund® is a medium risk value fund suitable to investors who want to diversify their portfolio to include a product that is impervious to the financial markets and the general economy, and who seek returns that are uncorrelated to any other existing investment product. The BOC Fund® takes an even approach to investing by holding a diverse range of combat sports and event positions, providing good growth potential with a medium risk of short-term volatility. An investment horizon of 3-5 years is recommended.
Bet on Combat Group works with individuals who are serious about investment and creating an effective and prosperous sports wagering portfolios, either as their primary form of investment or as a way of diversifying their current portfolios.
It is available to retail and wholesale clients who wish to invest USD$1,000 and above.
Summary of Terms
- There is an investment lockup period of 12 months after the date of purchase.
- A 30% management/performance fee is applied to the profits. High water mark is used.
- A unit share in the BOC Fund costs $1000USD.
- New Investors are charged a $100USD administration fee to cover the compliance/registrar costs
- Dividends are distributed quarterly
The gross return of the Bet on Combat Investment Fund since inception (1st January 2010) through to December 31st 2017 has been approximately +196.23%. During the same period the benchmark Dow Jones returned +102.09% while the S&P returned +106.65% and the HFRX returned +10.82%. This is why BOC Fund® is trusted to manage more money than any other sports investment firm in the world.
Net Asset Valuations
In accordance with the Fund’s Memorandum and Articles of Association each investor’s portfolio will be calculated by Bet on Combat Group, LLC at the close of business in Antigua on each Valuation Day.
The Fund will issue monthly, quarterly and six monthly reports with regards to Fund performance, based on the unaudited performance of the Fund.
Annual financial statements will be provided, upon request, six months after the Fund’s financial year-end.
**Returns are based on simulated results and are gross of tax and fee. 2017 performance is currently being finalized. Investment returns are not insured by the FDIC and carry risk of loss. Past returns cannot guarantee future results. Contact us to learn more.
Investment Strategy & Risk Management
The Fund uses an approach that is grounded in historical statistical data to analyze investment opportunities across a number of global sports and events that are offered on global betting exchanges, registered bookmakers and regulated pari-mutuel licensees. In general, the Fund will trade long and short sports and event strategies that will have a directional component and relative value strategy. The Fund will utilize short and medium term time frames and will also include opportunistic intra-event trading as part of its overall strategy. Bet on Combat Group’s BOC Fund takes an even approach to investing by holding a diverse range of sport and event positions, providing good growth potential with a medium risk of short-term volatility.
The maximum exposure/liability for any opening pre-event trade is imposed at 3% of Assets Under Management (AUM). Such a trade will only be executed when there is greater than 25% perceived value in the market. Typical exposure/liability for pre-event trades is 1.25% AUM. In-play investment is restricted to a maximum exposure/liability of 1% of AUM owing to the reduced time to expiry of the trade. In both trade types the Fund will enter positions with the intention of maintaining them for the short to medium term unless market influences, new information or analysis make it prudent to exit the positions to realize profits or to stop or mitigate losses.
The Fund does not borrow, nor will it use leverage.
FIGURE 4: Trade Types (by turnover)
Risk & Benefits
The BOC Fund’s risk factors are considerably more limited than the risks surrounding your usual Fund or any stock market investment.
- First as mentioned before, the performance of the BOC Fund is totally uncorrelated from any market factor, economic data or event. The correlation to financial benchmarks is 0.
- There’s no risk of being stuck in a position due to limitations in liquidity, the BOC Fund only does pre-fight fixed odds bets (1% or so might be live bets). Capital is readily re-available for investment meaning that the BOC Fund is highly liquid being able to have 70% of its Funds Under Management in the Bank Account. While only 30% are needed in betting accounts to correspond to our daily investment requirements.
- BOC Fund only works with top tier business partners, leaders in their fields and 200% warrantied. We trust our funds only to the most reputed bookmakers and bet brokers. The funds will be deposited always in international banks.
- Risks to the development of the Fund’s investment activity are mainly at a legislative level. If somehow a wave of banning and limiting wagering on sports betting comes to shore, that could put into questioning whether the Fund’s existence still makes sense. Yet, the current trend is for the legalization of sports betting, and it is possible that in the next decade we see the legalization across all USA. That would increase liquidity in individual event markets exponentially, creating a market for an industry of sports betting investment funds to appear.
- There is the hypothesis that the markets in the future will become so efficient there is no longer room to feasibly generate positive returns in the long term from sports betting. Theoretically the more money and participants come in the sharper market prices become, this would dilute the advantage possibly to 0 if the markets become that big.
- As mentioned our investment portfolio is spread out through a number of sports and competitions. The main Sports where the Fund is invested in are Tennis, which represents 29% of the investment volume, Basket 22% followed by Football with 14% and Baseball with 12%.
- American Football represents 6% of the invested volume, while Ice Hockey has an 8% slice. Volleyball with 4% and eSports with 3% still represent meaningful parts of our investment portfolio. Sports here can be thought as Sectors, and our portfolio is well diversified across a number of them.
FIGURE 5: Risk & return characteristics comparison
Bet on Combat Investment Fund (“BOC Fund”) is not a mutual fund, has never claimed to be a mutual fund, and should not be referred to as such. Any official references to BOC Fund® as a mutual fund are not knowingly or purposefully of BOC Fund’s doing. BOC Fund is not registered with the SEC and has no association with FINRA. BOC Fund® is a legally registered entity wagering firm domiciled in St-John’s, Antigua and Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Business licenses and certificates of good standing are available upon request. Returns shown in presentation and on website are based on simulated results and are gross of tax and fee.
Investment in BOC Fund® carries risk of loss, and returns are not insured by the FDIC. Past performance cannot guarantee future results. Language in this presentation and on BOC Fund’s website, www.betoncombat.com, is for advertising purposes and should not be considered as investment advice. BOC Fund® cannot be held liable for any investment decisions or actions made by parties privy to this presentation, BOC Fund’s website, or other entity wagering materials.
The information contained in this document is published by the Bet on Combat Group. The information contained herein is not intended to be advice and does not take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation and objectives. The information provided herein may not be appropriate to your particular financial circumstances and we encourage you to obtain advice from your own independent sources before making an investment decision. This information pays no regard to the specific or future investment objectives, financial or tax situation or particular needs of any specific recipient. No representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information contained in this document is made or implied. The details and opinions in this document are provided by the Bet on Combat Group without any guarantee or warranty and are for the recipient’s personal use and for information purposes only. This document is no offer or solicitation to purchase shares in the BOC Fund. All BOC fund performance numbers, unless otherwise stated are gross figures. Past performance is not indicative of future results. If the currency of the fund is different from your reference currency, the return can increase or decrease as a result of currency fluctuations. No reader should rely on this document as it does not purport to be comprehensive or to render personal advice. Bet on Combat Group reserve the right to deny any applicant without explanation.
For further information about the BOC Fund, you can obtain a copy of these documents on our website at BetonCombat.com/Investing.
Join over 1,000 investors in the world’s best performing betting platform and start earning your 2nd income.
Innovative. Intelligent. Investing
Frequently Asked Questions of BOC Investment
- Non-correlated Returns: The Bet on Combat's Fund returns are not correlated to the performance of traditional investment products such as stocks, bonds, property etc. Subsequently, the Bet on Combat Investment Fund can provide your investment portfolio with valuable diversification.
- Investment Returns: Bet on Combat Investment Fund returns have historically been commensurate with other mainstream investment products. Subsequently, as part of an overall portfolio, an investment with Bet on Combat Investment Fund can bet highly attractive.
- Recession Proof: The asset classes invested in by Bet on Combat Investment Fund are ostensibly impervious to domestic or global economic conditions and hence superior returns can be achieved more consistently.
- Liquidity of Investment: Unlike other investment classes there is no lock up period associated with the investment. Subsequently, immediate access to invested funds is possible (see Question 10 below for more detail).
- Tax-Free: The Bet on Combat Investment Fund provides investment returns that are tax-free, thus making the effective return superior to other investment products.
10. Why should I invest in the BOC Fund and not just bet on my own?
We've seen a lot of bettors come and go over the years. The top reasons why bettors fail are 1) lack of proper education and 2) betting without enough capital. The Bet on Combat Investment Fund solves both these issues and levels the playing field.
Plus, the Bet on Combat Investment Fund is an opportunity to trade with huge amounts of betting capital with NO annoying PDT Rule restriction like in the Stock Market.
11. What kind of bets does Bet on Combat Investment Fund make?
BOC Fund® is a sports investment fund, focused primarily on the combat sports betting market. We are an exclusive combat sports investment fund. Our investment universe includes international boxing (WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF), Kick-boxing, Muay Thai (Glory, K-1) and Mixed Martial Arts (UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, Professional Fighter League, Invicta, Titan). We will also consider others international events where appropriate.
12. Why only combat sports?
Simply because combat sports provides an ideal combination of profitable opportunities with sufficiently high betting limits. We do plan to expand to other sports in future years.
13. Can I find out the investment selections made?
Yes! You may opt to receive all investment selections via text 5-10 minutes before fight time. This will give you a rooting interest. We will send you notifications with game picks and we will provide updates on how your fund increases real-time. You will have transparency during and after all the action, making the experience easy and fun. Our database will be updated with all wagers and reflected in your account through our website www.BetonCombat.com. Stay tuned for our IOS and Android compatible app launching soon which will allow you to monitor your funds on the go.
14. What is Bet on Combat Investment Fund strategy and objective?
The objective of the funds is to mitigate much of the risk inherent with combat sports event betting and generate returns in excess of the major American & UK stock market and global hedge fund indices.
15. How does BOC Fund compare to investing in stocks/bonds?
BOC investors profited 82.1% in 2016 and generated an average annual return of 49.28% since inception! On most months, we've not only outperformed the S&P 500 index and every mutual fund, but have generated for our client’s more superior returns than they could have made off any other types of investment!
There’s a higher risk betting on combat sports than investing in bonds or T-bills, but when done correctly under a proven and disciplined bankroll system, it is safe and the rewards are much greater! Not to mention, it's infinitely more fun to wager on and profit from combat sports than stocks.
16. Can sports investing help with long-term wealth?
The single driving vision behind BOC Fund®, is the desire to enable and cultivate investing for young North Americans. Wealth disparity is at an all time high, while investing is at an all time low. BOC Fund® creates a fun experience, that scientifically has shown to be a superior alternative asset class compared to Wall St. investments, and grows the long-term wealth of its customers.
17. What is the duration of the investment required to achieve the goal of performance?
BOC Fund® focuses its activities on creating portfolios flexible, one-year or multi-year characterized by a rebalancing of the same at the beginning of each new year.
18. Does the Global market provide enough liquidity for an investment in an asset class of this type?
- The short answer is yes. Global on-line investment was upward of US$144 billion in 2017*. This provides sufficient liquidity and opportunity for Bet on Combat to operate without having a detrimental effect on either the markets or the potential investment returns.
- The medium term target for total funds under management is $USD40 million. This figure is based on the current size of the global sports investing market, assumes minimal growth in this sector**, and the ability to readily deploy assets without materially effecting the markets within which BOC Fund® operates.
19. If BOC Fund has such good money-making systems and opportunities, then why the need to seek additional investors?
- BOC Fund® was started solely with the founder’s capital. Bet on Combat management & shareholders still account for over 30% of FUM. Additional investment provides the advantages associated with scaling the business and allows access to many more investment opportunities.
- The infrastructure and organization that was developed to deploy the initial capital can readily be used to “run” the targeted USD$40 million. It makes business and commercial sense to utilize more fully the existing infrastructure.
20. What is the investment structure and regulation of my investment?
Bet on Combat Group
- One is not investing in shares in the Bet on Combat Group itself, but rather shares in an investment fund that is being managed by Bet on Combat Group.
- Bet on Combat Group will maintain a register of all investors and their respective interests in the investment fund.
- Bet on Combat Group’s fund is not a registered managed investment scheme, but rather it is being operated as a small-scale private fund with limited investors. For this reason, the Bet on Combat Group’s investment fund is not being regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or any provincial governing body which are members of the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA). Thus, BOC Fund avoid direct regulatory oversight, bypass licensing requirements applicable to investment companies, and operate with greater flexibility than mutual funds and other investment funds.
Bet on Combat Investment Fund
- Bet on Combat Investment Fund is an open-ended investment company incorporated in Gibraltar on 9 March 2016 with registered number 114183.
- Investors will be issued Participation Shares which will be offered during the Initial Offering Period at an issue price of $1,000 per Share. Investors subscribing on each Subscription Date will be issued a separate Series of Participation Shares.
21. What is the optimum timeframe of my investment?
- It is assumed that the funds will be invested for a minimum of 12 months although it is recommended, that like other investment vehicles a 3-5 year time horizon be chosen.
- You may redeem your investment at any time after the initial 12 months in accordance with the procedures set out below.
- If you require your investment to be redeemed within the initial 12 months due to financial hardship, Bet on Combat will consider your request.
22. How much will I pay in performance fees, taxes etc?
- Bet on Combat will receive a performance fee of 25% of any investment return above the initial investment.
- There are no entry or exit fees. All expenses will be the full-responsibility of Bet on Combat.
- Each investor will incur a 5% management fee (of starting annual FUM).
- Taxes will be the full responsibility of each investor. The fund will distribute all returns on a before tax basis.
- Each investor will be responsible for tax (if any) on all their distributions even if they elect to reinvest some or all of these distributions.
23. Are there any other expenses?
Clients are responsible for the wire transfer fees on all deposits and withdrawals.
24. Why doesn't BOC Fund cover wire transfer fees?
Much the same reason why stock trading platforms don't cover transactions costs - a high turnover client, or a competitor posing as a client, could easily create havoc by making excessive transactions and rapidly escalating costs.
25. What is the procedure investment return calculations and reporting?
- Investment return will be calculated before any performance fees and the deduction of management fees.
- Reporting of returns will be presented to unit holders on July 15th (final) and January 15th (interim) each year.
- Quarterly statements will be distributed to each investor and accessible via the website.
26. What is BOC Fund's fiscal year end?
BOC Fund's fiscal year end is December 31. Our reporting quarters correspond with calendar quarters.
27. Who is BOC Fund's independent auditor?
BOC Fund® use an independent Audit Committee chair by a Chief Audit Executive. Please click here for more information about the Audit Committee firm.
28. How do I get a copy of BOC Fund's latest annual report?
Please click here to access a copy of our latest annual report. You may request a hard copy be sent to you by clicking here.
29. What happens with distribution of dividends?
- An investor can elect whether he/she chooses to receive distribution or have his/her distribution reinvested in the fund.
- If the distribution option is selected, distribution will be made within 14 days of the reporting of returns. The fund will advise the amount payable as distributions two weeks prior to distribution date.
- BOC shares, can typically be purchased or redeemed as needed at the fund's current net asset value (NAV) per share, which is sometimes expressed as NAVPS. A fund's NAV is derived by dividing the total value of the securities in the portfolio by the total amount of shares outstanding.
30. How do I redeem your investment?
- Please notify in writing the Bet on Combat Investment Fund with this intention, providing nominated bank account details.
- 60 days notice is needed owing to the requirement to liquidate in an orderly manner – if funds are required in less than 2 months, a 5% processing fee maybe incurred. If at the time of redemption request there are no open investments, an investor will receive the entirety of their funds on the 1st day of the month following the redemption request.
- Redemption amount will be determined as at the most recent past distribution date.
31. How big is the betting fund and how many people are involved?
The value of the betting fund and the number of investors is protected information. Bet on Combat Investment Fund, LLC will be limiting initial participation as well as investment capital so as not to allow syndicate oriented influence.
32. Where are funds held?
All BOC Fund investors accounts are held by The Bank of Antigua (and in a FDIC insured Nevada bank). Our sports entity investment account is held by Bet on Combat Group, LLC.
33. Which authorities have primary responsibility for regulating funds, fund managers and those marketing funds?
The Eastern Caribbean Securities Exchange (ECSE) is the main regulatory body in the Antigua and Barbuda that oversees open-ended investment funds, fund managers and those marketing investment funds. The statutory framework under which ECSE derives its supervisory responsibilities (in respect of investment funds and investment managers) is set out in the Mutual Funds Law and the Securities Investment Business Law (the SIB Law).*BOC Fund is not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, nor does it have to be for SB443. It is purely for reference.
34. Is it legal and regulated?
BOC Fund® is completely legal and is growing each and every day.
- As with any investment there is always the risk of losing your investments. Past performance cannot guarantee future results. We strongly advise all interested parties to seek financial advice prior to investing.
- BOC Fund is committed to mitigating risk by exercising strict discipline in implementing our strategy, performing extensive analysis on the lines and limiting wagers to 5% of the fund value.
- Please satisfy yourself however that under any taxation, foreign exchange or legal legislation in your home jurisdiction, that you are able to invest with BOC Fund®. Simply complete an application form and return it to BOC Fund.
Step 1: Register to become a member. Create a free user account via the Register page. You'll be ask to verify your email and then redirected back here to BetonCombat.com now ready to login by entering your username and password.
Step 2: Apply to become an investor. Go to the Investing page and complete the banking and personal information sections of the investment form. Turnaround time is usually 2-4 days.
Step 3: Get approved to invest. Upon approval and background check clearance by BOC Fund, clients make a wire transfer to BOC Fund’s Bank of Antigua business account designed to hold investor funds.
Step 4: Investing on combat sports. The balance is then wired to BOC Fund’s sportsbook account where wagers can be executed at a risk level previously determined.
Step 5: Watch your investment perform & enjoy with amazing results!
NOTE: Make certain you understand the program and that is best done by thoroughly reviewing the information on the web site. You may also speak with one of our staff members who will be happy to answer any questions. The next step if you decide to make an investment into the fund is to review and complete a fund Offering Agreement, a Subscription Agreement and a Operating Agreement.
ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING REQUIREMENTS
The USA Patriot Act requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account as a way of assisting the government in fighting the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities.
When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also request to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
45. Tell me how does the Pre-Authorized Investment Service Work?
BOC Fund Pre-authorized Investment debit is a convenient way of investing. It’s easy. Just choose the amount you want to invest and how often you want to invest it. That amount will be automatically deducted from your checking account or charge your credit card and deposited in the BOC Fund to your name. You’ll invest money on a regular basis without even thinking about it. It’s the easiest way to Invest.
46. How can I contact Investor Relations?
Shareholders wishing to send communications to the Board of Directors of Bet on Combat should send an email, write or telephone Noémie Melendez, Chief Financial Officer & Director of Investor Relations, at:
Bet on Combat, LLC
1335 N. La Brea, Suite 2168
Los Angeles, California, 90028
Telephone: (514) 705-3366
For further information about the fund, you can obtain a copy of these documents on our website at BetonCombat.com/Investing.
If you have questions or suggestions for website additions or subtractions, if you spot an error or if you just plain don’t understand something, please send us an email at email@example.com. We’ll do our best to get back to you.
Please create a free account before submitting an application form.